Summer Watchings

Now that Summer is officially done and over with for the year, I thought I'd share some television series that kept me busy during the hot season.

01. Harper's Island. My friends raved about it, so I put it on my list. It was the first series I watched after Spring semester finished. Great murder mystery.
02. The Crow: Stairway To Heaven. I'm a huge fan of the original Crow movie. When I saw they made a series, I felt the need to watch it. All of The Crow continuations have been so cheesy - story lines and graphics. I didn't expect this one to be different. As much as fans love this, I really didn't. I'm all for the original movie.
03. Freaks And Geeks. I've always seen bits and pieces, all out of order. I thought it was about time to just sit and watch the entire thing. Great show. Too bad it didn't get picked up for a second season.
04. Kids In The Hall. Oh. My. I loved this show. It lasted for five seasons, so it took up a large chunk of my summer. I was obsessed. After I was finished with the series, I watched the movie and their comeback mini series. I loved every part. So good.
05. Strangers With Candy. I think this was my favorite series I watched all summer. So crude and vulgar, but absolutely hilarious. It's definitely not made for everyone, but I can't get enough of it. The movie was just as great.
06. Wonderfalls. Took me a long time to find the series online. It's a fantastic show - written by Bryan Fuller, who wrote Pushing Daisies & Dead Like Me. If you like those shows, this one is just as great.
07. NewsRadio. I have watched all seasons but the last one (impossible to find online). Dave Foley and Phil Hartman are hilarious. I love sitcoms and this one is now one of my favorites.
08. The Pretender. I used to watch this as a kid - was one of my favorite shows! I decided to revisit it and watch it all in order. Done with season one, three more to go!

Pretty sure I posted a video for this song, but the Kids In The Hall theme song is so damn catchy and wonderful.

Leave a Reply