Sunday Summary // 013

I really didn't have that much of an active week. The highlight of my week took place on Monday when I attended Silversun Pickups live on Letterman.

My friend had two tickets to the taping, and I reminded him plenty of times throughout the night how thankful I was that he asked me to go with him.
I took an early train into the city so I can get a good spot on line. He met me there about an hour later. When he arrived, he went to get our tickets. After a few minutes of confusion, we transferred to the VIP line since his name was on the list. He has a friend that works at CBS studio, so we were given semi-special treatment!
We were finally let into the venue, and we really didn't get a bad spot. It was a small venue and had limited amount of seats, so no matter where you sat, it'd feel like a VIP kind of show.

I've never attended any kind of late night talk show. So that night I learned that I surely wasn't attending the taping of the Letterman show. It was only a 45-minute set of the band which was taped to stream on the CBS website. No bit of that live performance was even shown on the Letterman show. I had no idea what to expect, and even though I wasn't there for any bit of the taping of the talk show, it surely didn't bother me. I love Silversun Pickups, and that's who I wanted to see.

I went home with my cool Letterman ticket and a Silversun Pickups poster they passed around outside the venue.

Besides that, this week was full of arts and crafts, friends, and birthdays. It surely was a pleasant week.

Here's the video of Silversun Pickups' performance on David Letterman. The cool thing was that I made it home just in time that night to catch their performance on tv. Good timing.

Leave a Reply