90s Hair Inspiration

The nineties was full of awful trends, but also filled with trends that were underrated and perfect. Some should be reborn, and many shouldn't.

The past few fashion seasons, quite a number of trends from the nineties were revisited with a modern twist. Clothes, accessories, and even hair!
I know for me, I needed to do something different to my hair, something I've never done before, as it started growing and getting boring. I remembered a trend from the nineties that I wanted to try out.

I've done two tone before, but never like this - blonde chunks in the front and the rest remaining brown. I thought this would be easy to maintain as I left my natural brown to grow in with the need to just touch up the front.
It's such a nineties thing, but it seemed to be a very short lived trend.

A few musicians I know that have followed this were Jill Cunniff from Luscious Jackson, Anna Waronker from That Dog, Ginger Spice (red instead of brown, it still counts!), and Gwen Stefani. Enough evidence right there to prove that it actually existed!

Of course, after putting on layers and layers of dark colors, it's hard to get the results you want the first time bleaching. You are bound to get that orange tinted blonde. The second time around, about four weeks later, I got the results I wanted plus some nice damage. Oh well.

(oh, photo booth pictures are fun.)

I planned on keeping this up for a long time, as I did love it. I had fun enjoying the best of both worlds. I was always fond of two toned hair, but there are times where you feel the need to take it easy and visit the world of solid colored hair.
I dyed it black just the other day. We'll see how long that lasts before I get the craving for something fun once again.

Leave a Reply