Sunday Summary // 012

Happy Sunday!
Crazy how fast this week passed.

01. Since we've been getting our bathrooms redone, I've been setting myself up each day with something different to work on. The beginning of the week I finished up these shorts that I made. This was my first handmade pair and it was quite difficult to make it work. I don't use patterns; I tend to use items of clothing where I want to imitate the fit. Being that I estimate everything, certain parts fit awkwardly, so I spent the day trying to make it work. I finally got it to fit right. I definitely want to try and make a few more pairs after this trial and error process.
02. I haven't given myself a manicure in months, so I found some free time to do so. I plan on trying to keep up with my nails this summer.
03. Sometime last year I bought a paper making kit and only had time for one attempt to make some paper. Months and months later, I found some time to give it a second go using some new techniques. They may have came out better than my first back, but they honestly are still a little crappy. Hopefully next time I give it a go, it'll come out much better. I need to practice, practice, practice.
04. Met up with some friends yesterday. We had such a great evening. Got some frozen yogurt and drove to the beach to walk the boardwalk. The first beach we attempted to visit was closed. But we kept traveling south and came across another boardwalk. We walked and talked, and were out until the sun started to rise. It was a long night, but honestly was one of the best nights I've had in a while.

Spent today relaxing and taking it easy after the long weekend I had. Tomorrow night's plans will probably be just as awesome, as I will be seeing Silversun Pickups on the David Letterman show. I've never attended a late night talk show, so I'm quite excited. Can't wait!

Leave a Reply