Flashback Friday // 015

Years and years ago I went through a hardcore decoupage phase. When I bought my first bottle of Mod Podge, I wanted to decoupage EVERYTHING. My headboard was one victim.

I ripped up newspapers (my parents had thrown out Greek newspapers, in which I took out of the recycling bin and used; the majority of that newspaper is on my headboard mixed in with other newspaper scraps. It took a while to cover the whole surface but it eventually got done.

It felt empty with just the newspaper, so I searched through lyrics of my favorite bands I was listening to a lot at that time and tried to find a lyric relating to dreaming/sleeping. I settled on a quote from The Birthday Massacre's song The Dream.

'Her fabulous invention, what strange imagination shown. Her glorious intentions, a sea of doubt beneath her own. It said "you're not the first to dream this, little girl. You know it's never happened once in this world. It never crossed my mind that one so young could hope to find a power greater than my own".
She never did what they told her to and they'll never see her dream come true.'

Being one of my favorite songs from them, I felt it was appropriate and just worked out perfect.
I cut out a bunch of letters from magazines and decoupaged them on. For finishing touches, I added some patterned scraps around the corners and other spots here and there.

Find some Mod Podge, or any type of glue, collect magazine scraps, and go decoupage something! Believe me, it's lots of fun and addicting. My friends can attest to that!

Leave a Reply