Underwater Adventures

I wish I had some underwater adventures to share, but alas, it's only artwork that I'll be sharing.
The past few assignments I worked on, I really seemed to be all about water themes. Aside from the galaxy deep sea diver, this is another example. I wanted to make this project more fun than an regular flat piece of art.

Like how I usually do, I used cardboard as well as magazine clippings decoupaged onto the background covered with acrylic and glitter. Yes, glitter!
Excuse the following photo, it's a bit grainy due to the fact that this was a saved Snapchat photo. I hadn't taken any other photos during the process leaving this one as my only photo. Besides, I kinda like the graininess.

Other than my usual layering method, I, for the first time, used fasteners to incorporate some movement. I used the fasteners on the swimmer's arms, so she can really swing.
I want to use fasteners more often, and that's a fact.

While diving into underwater research (hardy har), my friend and I discovered some information about mysterious underwater noises. I'm kinda really fascinated by it all but a little creeped out at the same time. You can find the most known sounds on Youtube. Here's a video with each of the six known noises.

The 'Train' noise for some reason creeps me out the most.

Leave a Reply