Linocut Learning

I've developed a new obsession: all things linocut.

It was a project we were assigned in a class, to create a linocut print. I had no idea what to carve or where to start in general. I purchased this starter kit that included an easy-to-cut block and carving tools.

I drew up a quick sketch which included elements from that Day Of The Dead illustration I did a while ago.

As it was intended, this block was super easy to cut and I finished carving in no time.
I printed with white acrylic printing ink.

To be honest, I sorta dreaded the idea of working with linoleum in the beginning. Of course, the nice part of experimenting is sometimes you discover a method of working that you really end up loving. I plan on messing around with linocuts this summer. #goal.

Leave a Reply