Deep Sea Diver

It's crazy how much time can pass. With the semester finally finished, I feel like I've jumped back into reality now that the summer break is finally here. The past few months, looking back on it, feels surreal, and not so much in a good way. I haven't been quite myself and I'm working on becoming myself again, which feels pretty successful so far. I miss blogging and am trying to get that started up again. This summer I have so much planned and I'm going to make it the most fantastic summer ever.

On the topic of the semester ending, I guess I'll post some projects that have kept me busy. This project resulted in one my favorite pieces. The assignment was juxtaposition. I created a scene of water life and galaxy life colliding with a deep sea diver observing underwater life.

I experimented on sheets of acetate and painted with acrylic. I created layers: the galaxy, underwater coral, the deep sea diver, and the deep sea creatures.

I stapled the sheets together and my brother created a wooden frame for me to give it a finished look.

And there you go.

I took advantage of my weird state I was in and experimented with a lot of different materials and subject matters. I'll post about those other projects another day.
Feels good to enter the world of blogging again!

Leave a Reply