Flashback Friday // 016

Is it bad that it doesn't even phase me that it's Valentine's Day? I'm neither for nor against it. It's just another day for me that will be treated as a normal day. And so therefore I will do a Flashback Friday post!

Over the summer, I became interested in two toned t-shirts. Or multi toned in this case? I love solid colored shirts with the front consisting of a multi colored pattern. I played around with the idea when I found these Hawaiian like shorts in a drawer of mine. I took it apart and matched it with this dragon shirt I used to wear all the time in middle school. (I'm secretly obsessed with dragons and tribal art. And now it's not a secret anymore.)

When I took the shorts apart, I realized that there wasn't a big enough piece to make up the front of the shirt. So I kind of pieced together strips of the fabric until it made up the front of the shirt. I've never treated fabric like a puzzle before, but that action opened a new world for me where literally no piece of fabric will ever be wasted. (After this shirt, I made a few more using the 'puzzle' method to piece together fabric. I'll save those for another post. )

I sewed the constructed floral patter to the solid green backing and sleeves, and sewed a collar to cover the hemming. It was actually super easy to make after sewing up the patterned pieces.
And yes, I did keep a dragon graphic for the back of the shirt.

Leave a Reply