Crafted // Bookbinding Pouch

I'm finding this semester I'm having difficulty keeping myself organized. Art supplies, fabric, projects, EVERYTHING is just sprawled out all over my room.
I'm taking baby steps to get myself more organized. I'm starting with small things working my way to the bigger picture. I singled out my bookbinding class.
I've been buying a lot of supplies for that class, but they're all small tools. So I made a pouch for my bookbinding supplies to keep them altogether.

I cut out a stencil for the labeling. I went to my recycling bin and found scrap cardboard box.

I then gathered scrap fabric. Found good sized denim, and sewed scraps of fabric to decorate, and found a purple zipper to match the scraps.

After sewing everything, I laid the stencil down, and used fabric paint to paint the letters.

It didn't feel finished, so I outlined the letters with gold fabric paint. And bam. A bookbinding supply pouch.

If you make a bookbinding pouch, listen to this Phil Collins song at the same time. It's fantastic. This has officially become my favorite Phil Collins song.

Leave a Reply