Flashback Friday // 014

I'm a little disappointed with myself for not posting more this month. I've been working two jobs this summer, so all free time has been eaten away. With the little time I have for myself, I haven't been able to finish projects. And with no finished projects, I don't have much to blog about. I've been making good progress though, don't worry.

I've been wanting to post this flashback post for a while now but never got around to it.
Last summer we did some touch up painting around the house. One area we focused on was the staircase. We painted it a light tan, and my mom wanted a cherry blossom design going down the stairs. She was inspired by this cabinet of mine I painted.
I drew out the "pattern" and painted it with black wall paint.

I cut out some stencils for birds. All black paint carried all the way down stairs. For finishing touches I used gold paint to add some extra funkiness to the blossoms, branches, and birds.

At the bottom of the stairs, my dad built this shoe shelf years ago. I was told to paint the door as well with all cherry blossoms and birds. So once again, I continued to free hand the branches and cherry blossoms while using the stencil for the birds.

To this day, we haven't gotten around to it yet, but we plan on framing this print and hanging it up on the wall. We bought this print from our visit to Portland last summer. I loved it, wanted it, bought it, and plan on framing and hanging it.

Hopefully we'll get around to hanging up that print soon! #Goal

Leave a Reply