Crafted // Grad Gift Extravaganza

My wonderful friend Katie threw a graduation party last night. She graduated college last year but saved the party for the summer for when she knew she'd be in town. My friends and I scrambled last minute to give her a batch of wonderful gifts, preferably gifts we made with love.

We browsed Pinterest for inspiration and made a few things we saw and loved, and added our own twist. We had the craft party at my house!

My friend Jess found this old painting with knobs at Goodwill, in which we painted black with chalkboard paint; chalkboard paint is seriously the coolest thing ever.

We printed out photos of music sheet and maps of Long Island and decoupaged them onto tiles. Coasters!

We all had separate jobs and different projects to work on. I worked on this New York/Louisiana state painting in which I glued the states onto thin canvas.

I love me some mixed media, so I glued beaded string around the oval.

End result: Katie cried happy tears.
I have the best friends ever.

Leave a Reply