Crafted // Rainbow Shirt

90s inspiration post!
A few weeks ago, I reblogged a Bjork photo on Tumblr, and her shirt reminded me a lot like this shirt I've seen Gwen Stefani wear. A white and rainbow stripe shirt.

I loved the way the rainbow strip carries from one sleeve, across the chest to the other sleeve. I loved it so much that I wanted a shirt of my own similar to it.

It occurred to me that I had a plain white long sleeved shirt that was in need of jazzing up, and a long strip of pastel colored stripes that I wasn't opposed to using. So I gathered my materials.

I began by pinning and sewing a strip across the chest. The sleeves were a little tougher to take on being that they have to line up evenly with the strip across the chest. (my the arm stripes didn't align properly, so I plan on redoing it.)
I decided to not add another pastel rainbow strip in the back, but only keep it in the front, as well as circulating around the arms. Personal preference, really.

But I'm a fan of the result, and I hope this inspires you to make your own 90s white and rainbow stripe shirt!
Super easy shmeezy project to take on.

Leave a Reply